Training session | Youth protection and the violation of rights of children
- History of the Commission's powers as related to its youth mandate;
- Authority and responsibilities granted to the Commission by the YPA and the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms;
- Rights and principles under the YPA that may result in a violation of rights;
- The request for intervention: examples, powers, recommendations and statistics;
- Presenting a motion with regards to violation of rights to the Court of Québec Youth Division;
- Recent jurisprudence on rights violation of rights.
The facilitator evaluates the needs of the group prior to the training in order to adapt, if required, the content of the presentation to the needs and questions of the group.
|For professional associations, travel expenses are charged for this session.
Youth protection lawyers working with children and youth who wish to understand how to make a report to the Director of Youth Protection (DYP).
- Become familiar with the mission and activities of the Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse, particularly with respect to its role under the Youth Protection Act (YPA) ;
- Learn more about rights of children and youth under the YPA;
- Improve your knowledge of the notion of violation of rights and recent jurisprudence.